Universal Studios, formally known as Universal Destinations & Experiences, has seven traditional theme parks spread across two continents in five cities, with four destinations in the United States and three in Asia.
Universal’s theme parks in the United States are Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, and Volcano Bay Water Park, all located in Orlando, Florida, and Universal Studios Hollywood in Universal City, California.
Universal Studios’ destinations in Asia are Universal Studios Beijing in China, Universal Studios Japan in Osaka, and Universal Studios Singapore in Sentosa.
What are the Universal Studios Military Discounts?
You must buy tickets in advance from your local military travel office to get the best discounts. You cannot purchase these tickets at the gate. Military ticket program prices can change, so check with the office for current discounts and promotional offers.
Go online to find Military Ticket Program locations, or call 901-874-6891 to find your nearest office.
Veterans who don’t live near a base with a ticket office may be able to buy tickets long-distance and have them shipped to them. Be sure to ask if this option is available when you inquire.
If you don’t buy tickets in advance, you can still get a $3 discount off tickets when you present your military ID at the gate.
Eligible Service Members can purchase and activate up to six promotional tickets. Universal allows the service member and the spouse to each purchase six tickets as long as they each have a US Military ID.
Veterans’ can also choose from 2-Park or 3-Park options.
Who Qualifies for the discount?
- Active Duty (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Reservists) and spouses
- Retired Military service members and spouses
- Department of Defense Civilians
- Purple Heart Recipients
- Former Prisoners of War
- Veterans with Service-Connected Disabilities
- Individuals approved and designated as the Primary Family Caregivers of eligible Veterans under the VA Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers
- Involuntarily separated service members under the Transition Assistance Management Program
- Personnel separated under the Voluntary Separation Incentive (VSI) and Special Separation Benefit (SSB) programs for two years after separation
- All Veterans with an Honorable Discharge
How do I qualify?
You qualify by presenting a valid military or US Government ID at Military Ticket Offices or the onsite ticket booth to take advantage of the discount.
Universal Studios Tips
- Buy your ticket in advance at the Military Ticket Office
- Head to the park during the week to optimize your time and to spend less time waiting. Arrive early to beat the crowds.
- Eat breakfast before you arrive. Theme park food can be pricey!
- Schedule your day around the timed shows.
- If any of your children cannot ride, an adult can wait with the child in the attraction’s Child Switch room. When the rest of the party returns, you can switch and take a companion with you.
- The Universal Studios app is your best guide in the park for quickly finding upcoming shows, checking wait times, and locating restaurants, menus, or shops.
- Get a Universal Express Pass to optimize your time if a weekend trip is your only option.
Is There a Military Discount at Universal Hotels?
In 2023, Universal Orlando offers a discount for stays at a Universal Orlando hotel on many dates. Military members can get 40% off at Universal’s Cabana Bay hotel and 30% off at other Universal hotels. If you need lodging, ask about these discounts and other possible money-saving options when researching your visit.
Universal Studios Ticket Prices
Universal Studios Hollywood’s regularly priced tickets start at $109 for a one-day single park pass to $369 for a VIP Experience. Season passes range from $179 to $289.
Universal Studios parks in Florida start at $80 at Volcano Bay to $119 for Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. You can get two days free with a 2-park, 3-day Ticket and enjoy five awesome days at Universal Studios Florida and Universal Islands of Adventure.
Prices vary by day and do not include tax. Prices and promotions are also subject to change. Be sure to check current prices and discounts before you purchase.
Universal Studios Military Discount FAQs
How does Universal Studios verify military or veteran status?
Those who want to take advantage of the discount must present a military ID when purchasing tickets at the Military Ticket Office or the park ticket booth.
How often can I use the Universal Studios military discount?
Eligible service members can buy up to six tickets to use at Universal parks. Spouses with a military ID can also purchase six additional discount tickets.
Is this discount a limited-time offer?
Universal Studios Hollywood offers year-round discount options to all active and retired U.S. military personnel.
What isn’t covered by the discount?
Some blackout dates apply. Check with Universal Studios for a current list of dates.
Can Veterans combine this discount with other offers?
These discounts cannot be combined with other promotional offers.
Does Universal Studios have a Veterans Day discount?
No. Discounts are in place year-round for qualifying military members.