Cedar Fair supports the military, both current and former through their military discount program which gives military families the ability to enjoy amusement parks such as Knott’s Berry Farm and Knott’s Soak City.
Does Cedar Fair Offer A Military Discount?
Yes! The Cedar Fair Entertainment company offers a military discount to active duty, retirees, veterans and their dependents for their service and sacrifice. There is a year-round discounted rate for general admission tickets, plus on select dates, military members are eligible for free admission.
Who Qualifies for the discount?
- Reserve military members for all branches of the military.
- Members of the U.S. Armed Forces including the Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, and Space Force.
- Military family members.
How Do I Qualify?
- The daily discounted rate can be applied by presenting a valid military ID at either the ticket booth or a Military Ticket booth.
- On select Military Tribute days, at the ticket booth military personnel and one guest get into the park for free.
- Purchasing online allows for added discounts by staying up to date with the best military deals.
- Soak City and Knott’s Berry Farm offer the same deals and have the same requirements.
- Military personnel must be present, dependents and spouses are not eligible without the military person there to show identification such as a DD214 or valid military ID.
- Knott’s Berry Farm offers a special on select dates such as Veteran’s Day when Past and present US armed forces personnel receive free park admission for them and a guest. Up to six additional tickets can be purchased at a discount. The rest of the year a military discount is offered. Soak City also offers a discount.
Knott’s Soak City and Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, California is owned by Cedar Fair. In 2018, the amusement park was the 12th most visited amusement park in North America. The park began as a berry stand in the 20s and soon grew to a restaurant and ghost town replica by the 40s and since then has expanded to a favorite Orange County destination. Through sales and expansions in the 90s and 2000s, the park was sold from the Knott family, and added a water park. Knott’s Scary Farm takes over the park in October every year and has been a regular event since 1973. Be sure to visit!
Knott’s and Knott’s Soak City Tips
- Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City both allow park-goers to bring empty hydro flasks and water bottles.
- Soak City does not provide towels but does give life jackets out for free when needed.
- Coolers are not allowed into either park.
- Knott’s Scary Farm attendees will not be touched by the scare actors.
Military Discount Categories