For more than 50 years, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has operated amusement parks and been the leader in animal rehabilitation and education across the country. There are currently 11 amusement parks under the globally recognized brands of SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and Sesame Place located in Florida, California, Texas, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Active duty and former military members can visit any SeaWorld brand theme park and enjoy generous discounts through the Waves of Honor program.
Each park may have various discounted admission products throughout the year.
Using Seaworld San Diego as an example, when you register for the program, military personnel and up to three direct dependents may enjoy one complimentary admission to SeaWorld. If you have more than four people who want to visit, you may purchase additional tickets by visiting a base MWR office or you can purchase discounted tickets online.
Who Qualifies for the Discount?
- Active Duty military of the United States Armed Forces, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and Space Force
- Military veterans
- Military family members
- Reserve military members for all branches of the military
SeaWorld Guest Visit Tips
- Shows can get audiences wet, so wearing fast-drying clothes is a smart idea.
- Food is not permitted in the park, but bringing a reusable water bottle is a good way to save money.
- Aquatica is SeaWorld’s water park and is the only one where wearing a bathing suit is strongly suggested.
- Arrive early and time your day around various shows to get the most out of your visit.
SeaWorld Military Discount FAQs
How does SeaWorld verify military or veteran status?
Military members can qualify for the discount by signing up and verifying through ID.me online. They will need to visit the Waves of Honor page on the SeaWorld website, pick which park they plan to attend, and then verify their ID directly through that park’s page.
How often can I use the SeaWorld military discount?
Waves of Honor permits any U.S. active duty military, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman to one complimentary admission per year for military personnel and as many as three direct dependents.
Is this discount a limited-time offer?
The Waves of Honor program is ongoing.
What isn’t covered by the discount?
- In most cases, the service member or veteran must be present for the discount to be honored
- Additional tickets can be purchased by visiting a base MWR office or you can purchase discounted tickets online
- Excludes Howl-O-Scream and other separately-ticketed events.
Can you combine this discount with other offers?
If a service member is stationed out of the country, dependents visit the park without their service member.
For the Active Duty offer, you need to verify the active duty members military status using GovX online. While, spouses & family members of military personnel can create a GovX account, the complimentary/discounted tickets are only accessible to those accounts verified as a service member, veteran, or retiree. Once verified you can print out up to three direct dependent single day admission tickets.
Does Seaworld have a Veterans Day discount?